Firm DECON International Pvt. Ltd., in joint venture with Al Mawazeen Soil Testing succefully completed a Project for Geo technical Investigation of TAPI Gas Pipeline Project Pakistan Portion. The length of the gas pipeline for Pakistan portion is approximately 824 km.
The TAPI Project aims to export up to 33 billion cubic meters of natural gas annually for 30 year period through a 1814 km pipeline from Turkmenistan to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. The implementation of the TAPI Project is divided into three main phases:
- Natural Gas Source Development;
- Turkmanistan Portion of TAPI Project ; and
- Afghanistan and Pakistan portion of the TAPI Project.
The scope of work comprised;
- Rotational Core Drilling: 3,105 Meters
- Trial Pits: 793 Nos
- Electrical Resistivity Survey: 963 Locations
- Cone Penetration Test: 36 Nos.
- Menard Pressure Meter Test: 32 Nos.