Firm DECON International Pvt. Ltd., in joint venture with Al Mawazeen Soil Testing signed a Contract with TAPI Pipeline Company Limited for Geo technical Investigation of TAPI Gas Pipeline Project Pakistan Portion. The length of the gas pipeline for Pakistan portion is approximately 824 km.
The TAPI Project aims to export up to 33 billion cubic meters of natural gas annually for 30 year period through a 1814 km pipeline from Turkmenistan to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. The implementation of the TAPI Project is divided into three main phases:
- Natural Gas Source Development;
- Turkmanistan Portion of TAPI Project ; and
- Afghanistan and Pakistan portion of the TAPI Project.
TPCL will act as the employer in relation to the construction works, as well as the owner of the Afghanistan and Pakistan portion of the TAPI Project. DECON-MAWAZEEN JV is responsible for Geo-technical investigation of Pakistan portion. The scope of work comprises of:
- Geo technical Investigations, including:
- Drilling of boreholes (2970m), upto a maximum depth of 30m, by Straight Rotary Method.
- Excavation of Test Pits along pipeline route.
- Field and Laboratory Testing
- Electrical Resistivity Survey